The Backend Developer will research, develop, and help deploy innovative features through delivering projects and providing server-side coding, maintenance, quality assurance across Aliud Services on our web and mobile platforms.
Reporting to our Director of Engineering, the Backend Developer will work with members of our talented Engineering and Products Teams to research, develop, maintain, and improve our server-side software, databases, and technology systems. By gathering requirements, building modules, and testing features before development, backend developers will use a systematic approach to solving problems. As we work together to empower small businesses worldwide, you’ll be responsible for maintaining our backend infrastructure and cloud servers at superior quality and organized standards. Developers and other engineering team members depend on your experience in backed development and integrations to meet the overall Engineering Team goals.
We’re looking for someone who is not only talented in bringing new features to life but can collaborate with other developers and integrate our data and operations to build solid backends for our technology projects. If writing efficient, documented, and readable code is something you are passionate about, you might fit well within our team.
The Backend Developer will:
- Build, maintain, test, and improve the performance of Aliud software, services, and website backend infrastructure.
- Perform coding, code commenting, debugging, bug fixing, testing, code reviewing, and other related activities in accordance with company coding conventions, approved designs, and project standards.
- Suggest how to improve technical challenges with efficient, modular, and scalable solutions.
- Write technical design specifications, participate in design reviews, and provide input to the Engineering and Products Team through carefully throughout recommendations.
- Work in a dynamic, cross-functional scrum team and contribute thoughtful estimations of effort required and dependencies to proposed software solutions by team members.
- Collaborate and iterate with our Design, Products, and Engineering team members to help bring beautiful, usable, and scalable features to life across Aliud services.
- Undergraduate or master level degree in, Computer Science, Engineering, or a Technology related field.
- Fluent in at least two major programming language and would be able to switch between multiple languages. In our stack, we mainly use Go, Scala, TypeScript, React, Node.js, Php with Swift, Kotlin, and Java for our apps.
- Fluent in modern HTML5/CSS, SDKs, and API integrations is an asset.
- Experience with big data, artificial intelligence, and machine learning is required.
- 4+ years of experience building Android, IOS, or Web software systems.
- You have solid experience building software on top of relational databases.
- Experience with AWS and/or GCP and its suite of technologies such as DynamoDB, Elastic Beanstalk, etc.
- Experience with release management, quality assurance, and change management.
- Ability to multi-task priorities and manage competing demands.
- knows how to find and use tools to get the job done.
- High personal integrity and team-orientation.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
Note: You may not have expertise in all our programming languages or technologies. That’s OKAY. What’s important to Aliud is your ability to support the backend development team with your skills with the ability to quickly adapt and learn new things.