The Frontend Developer will be responsible for the look, feel, and function of our digital interfaces and overall experience across Aliud Services on our web and mobile platforms.
Reporting to our Director of Products, the Frontend Developer will work with members of our talented Products and Engineering Teams to research, develop, maintain, and improve our software and technology systems by gathering user requirements, building modules, and testing features before release. As we work together to empower small businesses worldwide, you’ll be responsible for deploying and maintaining functional, secure, and high-quality applications in collaboration with other team members. Product designers, engineers, and other developers will count on you to deliver quality code to meet the overall Products Team goals.
We’re looking for someone who is not only talented in bringing new features to life but can collaborate with other developers and thrive in agile and fast-paced environments. If writing efficient, documented, and readable code is something you are passionate about, you might fit well within our team.
The Frontend Developer will:
- Build, maintain, test, and improve the performance of Aliud software and our tech. stack for our services and website.
- Perform coding, code commenting, debugging, bug fixing, testing, code reviewing, and other related activities in accordance with company coding conventions, approved designs, and project standards.
- Suggest how to improve technical challenges with efficient, modular, and scalable solutions.
- Write technical design specifications, participate in design reviews, and provide input to the Products Team through carefully throughout written recommendations.
- Work in a dynamic, cross-functional scrum team and contribute thoughtful estimations of effort required and dependencies to proposed software solutions by team members.
- Collaborate and iterate with our Design, Products, and Business team members to help bring beautiful, usable, and scalable features to life across Aliud brands.
- Undergraduate or master level degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a Technology related field.
- Fluent in at least one major programming language and would be able to switch between multiple languages. In our stack, we mainly use Go, Scala, TypeScript, React, Node.js, Php with Swift, Kotlin, and Java for our apps.
- 3+ years of experience building Android, IOS, and Web software systems.
- You have solid experience building software on top of relational databases.
- Experience with AWS and/or GCP and its suite of technologies such as DynamoDB, Elastic Beanstalk, etc.
- Experience with big data, artificial intelligence, and machine learning is preferred
- Experience with release management, quality assurance, and change management.
- Ability to multi-task priorities and manage competing demands.
- High personal integrity and team-orientation.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
Note: You may not have expertise in all our programming languages or technologies. That’s OKAY. What’s important to Aliud is solid mobile and desktop frontend development skills, a burning desire for making the best possible user experiences, and the ability to learn quickly - your drive for personal and professional growth will make up the difference.