The Product Designer will iterate well-crafted user experiences that are innovative, engaging, and delightful, conduct research, and offer product suggestions to the Products and Engineering Team.
Reporting to our Director of Products, the Product Designer will work with members of our talented Engineering and Products Team to turn complex problems and ideas into intuitive user experiences. You’ll take charge and ownership of the projects for our web and mobile platforms from concept to launch. As we work together to empower small businesses worldwide, you’ll be responsible for researching and analyzing complex user behavior data that you will use in product road mapping, feature design, and strategies for meeting impact and business goals. You will, in collaboration with the Engineering, Marketing, and Product Team members, collaborate through design reviews, work sessions, and presentations to inspire and influence the direction of our products and company as a whole.
We’re looking for someone who is not only creative and fluent across various design platforms but can learn fast and provide a variety of graphic design services that show your creative skills through still and animated assets. If you are a creative digital designer with a passion for expression across various forms of communication, you might fit well within our team.
The Graphic Designer will:
- Support various business development initiatives that require intuitive, human-centric flows, interfaces, and experiences on web, IOS, and Android.
- Perform a variety of design services in collaboration with other designers, managers, and engineers.
- Know the ins and outs of our competitors’ features, user flows, and product roadmap.
- Help create better company/customer engagements by researching and testing new concepts.
- Use research and quantitative data to guide design and development decisions.
- Stay informed of design trends, competitors and their features, and market conditions.
- Present work and use design to build alignment and influence product direction.
- Meet deadlines and support a collaborative work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, or working towards a Master’s degree, in Design, Computer Science, or a related degree.
- 2+ years of experience working as a mobile or web designer.
- Portfolio with a history of impactful projects that showcase your design process.
- Creative design abilities with Adobe products like Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and InDesign is preferred.
- Fluency in commonly used design software and related tools (Sketch or Figma, Adobe CS, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience with helping set product strategy through methods like design sprints, quarterly or yearly planning, and team brainstorms.
- Strong UX, interaction, and visual design skills.
- Conceptual understanding of popular front-end frameworks like Angular and React.
- Superb communication, attentive listening, and compelling explainer skills.
- Are up-to-date on the latest website and mobile design trends.
- Experience designing for a two-sided marketplace.
- Passion for the startup culture, branding, and marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong knowledge of user interface and experience design.
- Strong time management and organizational abilities.
- Hardworking with exceptional attention to detail.
Note: You may not have the expertise in product design that we are searching for. That’s OKAY! We care about your ability to be focused on the end-user and provide seamless user experiences across our web and mobile platforms.